- Directory of Schools and Colleges
- Deadlines and Other Information
- Letters of Recommendation
- School and College Prerequisites
- Criminal Background Checks
- Shared Acceptance Reports
- Applicant Responsibilities and Code of Conduct
- ASCO Functional Guidelines
- OptomCAS Applicant Data Reports
- Apply Now!
- Contact Us
New England College of Optometry
Name of Institution:
The New England College of Optometry
Admissions Office and Contact Information:
424 Beacon St
Boston, MA 02115
Phone: (617) 587-5580
Fax: (617) 587-5550
Type of Institution:
Supplemental Application Fee:
The New England College of Optometry is the oldest continually operating college of optometry in the United States and has been the educational and intellectual center of optometry in New England since 1894. The College serves as a leader in optometric instruction and research and continues to spread its influence throughout the world.
Located in the Back Bay area of Boston, NECO provides a four-year post-baccalaureate professional curriculum taught by more than 40 full-time and 100 part-time and adjunct faculty. Special emphasis is placed on patient care through the New England Eye Institute which has over 50 clinical locations throughout the Boston area. The College offers both Doctor of Optometry and Master of Science in Vision Science degrees.